On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Madoka Kashihara, 4-nin wa Sorezore Uso wo Tsuku (Four People and Their Respective Lies), the first promotional image of the project was revealed. The press release also confirmed the production details and voice cast, and dated the premiere for next October in Japan.
Kashihara began publication of the manga through the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in April 2020. The work went on indefinite hiatus in August 2021, while the publisher published the first compilation volume in December 2020, followed by the second on April 7 in Japan.
- Chiemi Tanaka like Rika.
- Natsumi Murakami like Chiyo.
- Ayane Sakura like Sekin.
- MegumiHan like Tsubasa.
- Makoto Hoshino (Sword Art Online, Boku dake ga Inai Machi) is directing the anime at Studio Flad.
- Megumi Shimizu (Soul Eater, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Ruriko Watanabe (Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita, Dame x Prince Anime Caravan) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Tomoki Kikuya (Nisekoi, Eromanga Sensei, Blend S) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for 4-nin wa Sorezore Uso wo Tsuku
Every girl has a secret. Alien x Ninja Outcast x Psychic x Rag. Lying is the beginning of “friendship”! A school comedy starring four “curmudgeons”. Rikka, Chiyo, Sekine, and Tsubasa are second-year high school students who are friends and attend the same all-girls school. But each of these four girls has a secret that they can’t tell anyone… One “careless” mistake could destroy the classroom and the Earth! But the friendship between the four is eternal.
Font: Comic Natalie