Boku no Hero Academia reveals the musical themes of its sixth season
On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi, boku no hero academia (My Hero Academia), the musical themes for the sixth season of the project were revealed. The press release confirmed that the premiere has been scheduled for next October 1 in Japan, while the songs include:
- The band super beaver will perform the opening theme song “Hitamuki”, while Kiro Akiyama will perform the ending theme song “SKETCH.” This is the first time that both artists have participated in this animated franchise.
For his part, Horikoshi began publishing the manga boku no hero academia in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump from the publisher Shueisha in July 2014 and entered its last story arc in March 2021. The publisher published the thirty-fourth compiled volume in May 2022, followed by the thirty-fifth on July 4 in Japan.
- Kenji Nagasaki (Monster, Kekkai Sensen, Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season) is in charge of directing the feature film at the studios BONES.
- Yousuke Kuroda (Highschool of the Dead, Goblin Slayer, Hellsing Ultimate) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Death Note, Kill la Kill, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) is in charge of character design under the supervision of Kohei Horikoshi.
- Yuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!, Death Parade, Kiznaiver, Blood Lad) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Boku no Hero Academia
The emergence of “Quirks” – newly discovered superpowers – has steadily increased over the years, with 80 percent of humanity possessing various abilities, from manipulating elements to shapeshifting. This leaves the rest of the world completely powerless, and Izuku Midoriya is one of those individuals. Ever since he was a boy, the ambitious high school student has wanted nothing more than to be a hero. Izuku’s unjust fate leaves him admiring the heroes and taking notes on them whenever he can. But it seems that his persistence has borne some fruit: Izuku meets the number one hero and his personal idol, All Might. All Might’s Quirk is a unique ability that can be inherited, and he has chosen Izuku as his successor!
After enduring many months of grueling training, Izuku enrolls at UA Academy, a prestigious prep school famous for its excellent hero training program, and this year’s freshmen look especially promising. With his strange but talented classmates and the looming threat of an evil organization, Izuku will soon learn what it really means to be a hero.
Font: Official Twitter Account