Warner Bros Japan published a new promotional video for the fourth season of the anime adaptation of the light novels written by Fujino Oomori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda, Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? (DanMachi: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?). The video shows a fragment of the closing theme titled “Tentou” and performed by the band. Sajou no Hana.
It should be noted that it was previously indicated that the series has its premiere scheduled for July 22 in Japan., while a leak assured that this fourth season will have a total of twenty-two episodes, although it was not specified whether they will be broadcast in continuous or separate arcs (quarters). For the West, HIDIVE has announced the distribution license.
The press release revealed new members of the voice cast, including:
- Saya Fukuzumi like Mary.
- Taito Ban as Luvix Lilix.
- Takaaki Uchino like Dormul Bolster.
Oomori and Yasuda began publishing the light novels through the imprint GA Bunko from the publisher SBCreative in January 2013, and the publisher published the sixteenth volume in October 2020, followed by the seventeenth in April 2021 in Japan. In addition to several manga adaptations, the work has inspired a three-season anime adaptation and a feature film released in February 2019 in Japan.
- Hideki Tachibana (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios JCSTAFF.
- Shirane Hideki (Date A Live, Hidan no Aria, Hundred, Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shigeki Kimoto (Toradora!, Zero no Tsukaima) is in charge of character design.
- Jin Aketagawa was in charge of sound direction while Keiji Inai was composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for DanMachi
Life in the city of Orario is never dull, especially for Bell Cranel, a naive young man who hopes to become the greatest adventurer in the land. After a chance encounter with the goddess, Hestia, his dreams become a little closer to reality. With her encouragement, Bell embarks on a fantastical quest in the city’s monster-filled catacombs, known as the “Dungeon”. Death lurks around every corner in the cavernous depths of this terrifying labyrinth.
Even on the surface, survival is a hard-earned privilege. Indeed, nothing is certain in a world where gods and humans live and work together, especially when they often struggle to get along. One thing is for sure, though: A host of mistakes, triumphs, and friendships await the fearlessly optimistic protagonist of this Herculean tale.
Font: Comic Natalie