On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written by Naoki Yamakawa and illustrated by Masashi Asaki, My Home Hero, the first promotional video of the project was revealed. The press release revealed the production details and confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for April 2023 in Japan.
Yamakawa and Asaki began publication of the manga in the magazine Weekly Young Magazine from the publisher Kodanshaand the publisher published the seventeenth compiled volume in February 2021. Yamakawa is also the author, in collaboration with the artist Akinari Naofrom the manga 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru (I’m Standing on a Million Lives), which has already inspired a two-season anime adaptation to date.
- Junichi Suwabe as Tetsuo Tosu.
- Sayaka Ohara as Karen Tosu.
- Spirited Away as Reika Tosu.
- Kento Itou as Kyouichi Majima.
- Miki Shinichiro as Yoshitatsu Asatori.
- Takeshi Kamei is in charge of project management in the studios Tezuka Productions.
- Kouhei Kiyasu is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masatsune Noguchi (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, Kakegurui, The God of High School) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- kenji kawai (Mob Psycho 100, Fate/Stay Night, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
My Home Hero Synopsis
Tetsuo Tosu, an ordinary salaryman, discovers that his daughter, Reika, has been physically abused by her boyfriend, Matori Nobuto. Trying to find out more about him, Tetsuo discovers Matori’s plan to extort money from Reika’s wealthy grandparents, and discovers that she is a member of a crime syndicate, with a history of murdering her former girlfriends.
Filled with rage and fear that Reika is in danger, Tetsuo ends up killing Nobuto, and with the help of his wife, Kasen, successfully disposes of the body. Now, when syndicate members begin to question Nobuto’s sudden disappearance, Tetsuo and Kasen must work together to ensure her daughter’s safety and keep her from being drawn into the predicament.
Font: Comic Natalie