Edomae Elf manga is getting an anime adaptation
A press release announced the production of an anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Akihiko Higuchi, edomae elf (Otaku Elf). The statement revealed the project’s production team and voice cast, but did not specify a scheduled premiere date.
Higuchi began publication of the manga through the magazine Shonen Magazine Edge from the publisher Kodansha in June 2019. The publisher published the fifth compilation volume in November 2021, and will publish the sixth on June 16 in Japan.
- Yuuka Ozaki as Koganei Koito
- Ami Koshimizu like Elda.
- Takebumi Anzai (PureOre! Pride of Orange, Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, Go! Go! 575) is in charge of directing the project in the studios C2C.
- Shōgo Yasukawa (A Certain Scientific Railgun T, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takeshi Oda (Harukana Receive, Wandering Witch – The Journey of Elaina) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Akito Matsuda (Sound! Euphonium, Liz and the Blue Bird) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Edomae Elf Synopsis
Koganei Koito is a teenage girl who works as an attendant at the Takamimi Shrine. The shrine is rumored to be inhabited by a deity, but the true resident is an immortal elf who became trapped on Earth some four hundred years ago. In addition, the elf is a totally closed person who does not want to go outside… and she has developed a taste for video games! In this charming fantasy comedy, the keepers of the shrine have to satisfy the elf’s penchant for the latest gadgets, from handheld games to virtual reality headsets.
Font: Comic Natalie