From the Author of Kakegurui High Card Anime Reveals New Trailer
On the official site for the poker-themed multimedia project, High Carda new video and promotional images were released to announce that the anime adaptation will premiere on January 9, 2023 in Japan. The press release also reveals new members of the voice cast, including:
- Toshiyuki Morikawa like Greg Young.
- Rie Takahashi Like Sugar Peace.
- Gene Satou like Finn Oldman.
- Toshiki Masuda like Chris Redgrave.
- Shun Horie like Leo Constantine Pinochle.
- Haruka Shiraishi like Wendy Satou.
- Yuuichirou Umehara like Vijay Kumar Singh.
- The company TMSthe author homura kawamoto (kakegurui franchise), his younger brother Hikaru Muno (kakegurui novel) are credited with the original work, and ebimo he is credited as the original designer of the characters.
- Junichi Wada (The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, Caligula, Sakugan) is in charge of directing the anime at Studio Hibariwith TMS Entertainment in charge of production.
- Kenichi Yamashita, kazuhiko inukai, shingo nagai They are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Nozomi Kawano (Radiant) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
High Card Synopsis
After discovering that his orphanage was about to close due to financial stress, Finn, living freely on the streets, headed to a casino with the goal of making his fortune. However, nothing could have prepared Finn for the nightmare that awaited him. While there, Finn is met with a car chase and a bloody shootout sparked by a man’s “lucky” card.
Finn will end up knowing what the shooting was about. The world order can be controlled by a set of 52 X playing cards with the power to grant different superhuman powers and abilities to those who possess them. With these cards, people can access the hidden power of the “partner” that lies within.
There is a secret group of players called the High Card, who have been directly ordered by the King of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom, while moonlighting as an employee of the luxury car manufacturer Pinochle. Selected to become the fifth member of the party, Finn soon joins the players on a dangerous mission to find these cards.
“All you need in life are manners, dignity, and the willingness to bet on your own life.” However, the Who’s Who, the rival car manufacturer obsessed with taking down Pinochle, and the Klondikes, the infamous crime family, stand in the gang’s way. A frantic battle between these card-obsessed players, fueled by justice, desire, and revenge, is about to begin! You are ready? Let the game begin!
Font: Official site
(c)TMS/HIGH CARD Project