On the official site for the anime adaptation of the novels written by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by 029, Hataraku Maou-sama! (The Devil is a Part-Timer!), the second promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 14 in Japan, while the platform Disney Plus will distribute it exclusively in that country, although no details on global distribution were given.
The video also previews the opening theme song for this second season, titled “WITH” and performed by Minami Kuribayashi. On the other hand, Marina Horuchi will perform the ending theme entitled “Suikyou no Sekai“.
The press release revealed new members of the voice cast, including (romanizations are pending confirmation):
- asuka nishi as Rika Suzuki.
- yumi uchiyama as Mayumi Kizaki.
- Azumi Asakura like Emerald.
- Yuichi Iguchi as March Sarue / Archangel Sariel.
- Kikuko Inoue as Lyra
- Takehito Koyasu like Gabriel.
- Yuuko Kaida like Daikokuten.
- Kenichi Ogata like Camo.
Wagahara and 029 published the original light novels through the imprint Dengeki Bunko from the publisher Kadokawa between February 2011 and August 2020, with a total of twenty-one volumes. A manga adaptation by Hiiragi Akio published since February 2012. Finally, the work inspired a thirteen-episode anime adaptation produced by studios WHITE FOX under the direction of naoto hosodaand released in April 2013.
- daisuke tsukushi (Isekai Cheat Magician, Girl Friend Note) is in charge of directing the series in the studios Studio 3Hz. Tsukushi replaces naoto hosoda who was in charge of directing the first season.
- Yokotani Masahiro (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yuudai Iino He is in charge of character design. Iino replaces Atsushi Ikariya who worked on the first season.
- Ryosuke Nakanishi (High School DxD, Kuroko no Basket, Monogatari Series: Second Season) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Hataraku Maou-sama!
The Demon Lord Satan seeks to conquer the world of Ente Isla by annexing its four continents with the help of his generals Alciel, Lucifer, Malacoda, and Adramelech. After being confronted by the heroine Emilia and her companions, and seeing their generals Malacoda and Adramelech dead, Satan and Alciel escape the world through a portal to the city of Tokyo, Japan. However, due to the absence of magic in the new world, both Satan and Alciel change their forms to humans. To survive, Satan takes a part-time job at the “MgRonald” fast food restaurant, while Alciel takes care of the housework. One day, Satan (who now goes by the name of Sadao Maou) meets Emi Yusa, who turns out to be the heroine Emilia.
Font: Comic Natalie
(c)2021 和ヶ原聡司/KADOKAWA/MAOUSAMA Project