Horror Anime Dark Gathering Reveals Its First Trailer
On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Kenichi Kodou, Dark Gathering, the first promotional video of the project was published. The video reveals the voice cast, the main production team, and confirms that the premiere is scheduled for sometime in 2023 in Japan.
Kondou began publishing the manga through the magazine Jump SQ from the publisher Shueisha in March 2019, while the publisher published the ninth compilation volume on March 4, followed by the tenth on August 4 in Japan.
- Yuu Sasahara as Yayoi Hozuki.
- Kana Hanazawa as Eiko Hozuki.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Keitarou Gentouga.
- Hiroshi Ikehata (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Tonikaku Kawaii, Code:Breaker, Murenase! Seton Gakuen) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios OLM.
- Shigeru Murakōshi (Kakegurui, Dororo, Zombieland Saga) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shinya Segawa (Memories Cake) is in charge of designing the main characters and directing animation.
- Kohta Yamamoto (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, 86: Eighty-Six, Nanatsu no Taizai), shun narita Y Yusuke Seo (Starving Trancer / Xceon) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Dark Gathering
Keitarou Gentouga is a college student who hates ghosts. Unfortunately for him, he has a gift for attracting spirits. Two years ago, this connection led to him receiving a spiritual wound to his right hand, leaving his friend caught in the crossfire. The event made him withdraw into himself, leaving him with very few social skills. Fortunately, Keitarou is slowly beginning to blend into society, thanks to the help of his childhood friend, Eiko Houzuki.
As part of his rehabilitation, Keitarou takes a part-time job as a tutor, and his first student is none other than Eiko’s cousin, Yayoi Houzuki. Besides being a child prodigy, there is another peculiarity in Yayoi: she has a spiritual constitution, just like Keitarou. However, unlike Keitarou, she yearns to meet spirits, hoping to find the ghost that took her mother from her. As Keitarou is dragged by Yayoi and Eiko to haunted places, his part-time job seems to drift further and further from his original purpose.
Font: Comic Natalie