On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Satoshi Mizukami, Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer), a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video keeps the premiere date scheduled for July 8 in Japan and reveals the musical themes, which include:
- half time old will perform the opening theme song “Gyoukou (Dawn Light)”, while SpendyMily will perform the closing theme entitled “Reflexion”.
The project will adapt the entirety of the original work Hoshi no Samidare. For his part, Mizukami began publishing the manga in the magazine Young King Ours from the publisher Shōnen Gahosha in April 2005, and ended it in 2010. Later he would publish the manga Spirit Circle between May 2012 and March 2016, followed by Planet With as of April 2018 and is currently in its last arc. The latter inspired an anime adaptation in July 2018.
- Junya Enok as Yuuhi Amamiya.
- Naomi Ozora as Samidare Asahina.
- Kenjirou Tsuda as Noi Crezant.
- mao ichimichi like anima.
- Tatsumaru Tachibana like anime.
- Shuuhei Iwase as Hangetsu Shinonome.
- Gen Satou as Mikazuki Shinonome.
- Tetsu Inada as Soichiro Nagumo.
- Aya Suzaki as Yayoi Hakudou.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Hyou Shimaki.
- Shunichi Toki as Tarou Kusakabe.
- Nobuaki Nakanishi (Koihime Musou, Mahoujin Guru Guru, Kasimasi – Girl Meets Girl) is in charge of directing the project in the studios NAZ (Id:Invaded, Hamatora The Animation, Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki).
- Satoshi Mizukami (author of the original work) is credited with writing and supervising the scripts, in collaboration with Yuuichirou Momose (My First Girlfriend is a Gal, Infinite Dendrogram, So I’m a Spider, So What?).
- Hajime Hatakeyama (No Guns Life 2, Princess Connect! Re:Dive, Yesterday wo Utatte) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Takatsugu Wakabayashi (Bakutsuri Hunters, Seikoku no Dragonar, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Hoshi no Samidare
One day, college student Yuuhi Amamiya is approached by the talking lizard Sir Noi Crezant. Crezant immediately launches into a fantastic story: the mighty wizard Animus intends to destroy the Earth with his “biscuit hammer,” a huge contraption that hovers above Earth’s orbit. Earth’s only hope lies with the princess and her Beast Knights, whose task it is to protect the princess and defeat Animus.
Yuuhi is chosen as the Lizard Beast Knight and, despite his misgivings, is quickly forced to fend off a golem created by the mage. He is saved by his neighbor, Princess Asahina Samidare, and swears allegiance to her. However, the princess has no intention of saving the earth at all. She tells Yuuhi of her true motivations: to stop the Animus from destroying Earth, then to annihilate the planet by her own hand. The pair continue to fight off attacks from Animus’s golems as the remaining Beast Knights slowly gather and learn to use their powers. But Yuuhi will have to decide for himself if he follows the plans of Asahina, whom he is getting close to, or if he saves the Earth. In the process, he must also confront his true self, and determine where his loyalties really lie.
Font: Comic Natalie