Through the official website for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Miki Yoshikawa, Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos), a new video was released to promote the second half of the series. It should be remembered that this project will have a total of 24 episodes.
The series will resume its broadcasts next Saturday, July 23 with its 13th episode. In addition, the new artists who will be in charge of the musical themes for this second half were announced. The new opening theme is titled “glitter” and will be borne by the band sumika. The ending theme is titled “HELLO HELLO HELLO” and will be performed by the singer Eir-Aoi.
A new promotional image for the project was also shared.
The series began its broadcasts on April 24 in Japan. The platform Crunchyroll is in charge of its distribution in the West.
- Kaito Ishikawa as Nagi Umino.
- akari kitou Like Erika Amanus.
- Nao Toyama like Hiro Segawa.
- konomi kohara as Sachi Umino.
- Ryohei Kimura as Yohei Umino (Nagi’s father).
- Yoko Hikasa as Namie Umino (Nagi’s mother).
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Soichiro Amano (Erika’s father).
- Yukiko Aruga as Rituko Amano (Erika’s mother).
- Hiroaki Akaki (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Mashiro no Oto) is directing the anime in collaboration with Yoshiyuki Shirahata (Oyasumi’s Maoujou, Great Pretender) in studies Shin Ei Animation Y SynergySP.
- Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Aya Takano (Shirokuma Cafe, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is in charge of character design.
Yoshikawa, who is also the author of Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches), began publication of the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in January 2020, after releasing it as a set of three one-shots in early 2019 and voting for serialization.
Synopsis for Kakkou no Iinazuke
All the members of the Umino house are quite similar: they are energetic and incredibly dynamic, except for Nagi, a serious and introverted young man who focuses exclusively on studies. He is the complete opposite of someone like his younger sister Sachi, who is a reflection of his outgoing parents. So it should come as no surprise that Nagi was swapped with another baby at birth. On the way to meet his real parents, Nagi meets Erika Amano, a young social media star.
While spending the day with her, he learns that Erika’s parents forced her to get married. Later that day, Nagi learns that Erika’s fiancé is none other than himself, to officially become part of the other’s family. In order to cement the couple’s relationship, Nagi’s biological father arranges for the fiancés to start living together. However, no matter how many tricks her parents play, Nagi refuses to marry Erika. And it is that she already has her sights set on another person: the beautiful and intelligent Hiro Segawa.