On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Reiji Miyajima, Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent A Girlfriend), a variety of illustrations were shared to celebrate the airing of the first episode of the second season (thirteenth episode overall). The first was done by Kanna Hirayamacharacter designer of the project.
Other artists who stood out during the recent week included “黒石りんご (@ringokuro999)“; “Tokkyu (@tokkyusan)“; Y “やじ (Pixiv ID: 13748268)“.
This second season has been broadcast since July 1 in Japan and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platform Crunchyroll handles its distribution in the West. Reiji Miyajima manga publication started Kanojo, Okarishimasu through the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in July 2017. It should be remembered that the video game for smartphones Rent-a-Girlfriend: Heroine All Stars is available in the catalog QooApp in this link.
- Kazuomi Kōga (Rainy Cocoa, Welcome to Rainy Color) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios TMSEntertainment In collaboration with Studio Comet.
- Mitsutaka Hirota (Anime-Gataris, Nanbaka, The Prince of Tennis II) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kanna Hirayama (Yakusoku no Neverland, Sword Art Online: Alicization, Maou-sama, Retry!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- HYADAIN (One Punch Man, Kuroko no Basket, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
- CHiCO with HoneyWorks will perform the opening theme song “Himitsu Koigokoro”, while MIMiNARI will perform the ending theme song “Ienai feat.asmi.”
Synopsis for Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Kazuya Kinoshita is a 20-year-old college student who has a wonderful girlfriend: the brilliant Mami Nanami. But suddenly, not anymore. Without warning, Mami breaks up with him, leaving him heartbroken and lonely. Seeking to ease his pain, he hires a girlfriend for hire through an online app. Her partner is Chizuru Mizuhara, who through her incomparable beauty and cute behavior, manages to win Kazuya’s affection. But after reading similar experiences from other clients Chizuru had, Kazuya is certain that her caring personality and warm smile were just an act to play on her heart, and he puts her down.
Aggravated, Chizuru criticizes him for his shameless hypocrisy, revealing his true temperamental personality. However, this one-sided exchange is cut short when Kazuya discovers that her grandmother has collapsed. They run to the hospital and find Kazuya’s grandmother already in good condition. Puzzled by Chizuru’s presence, Grandma asks who this girl could be. On impulse, Kazuya introduces her as her real girlfriend, forcing Chizuru to play her role. But with Kazuya still anchored to Mami, how long can this difficult client and reluctant rental girlfriend keep up her act?
Font: Official Twitter Account