As previously announced, the anime adaptation of the manga by Koyoharu Gotouge, Kimetsu no Yaiba held a special event after the film aired Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Resha-hen on Japanese television. During this event it was announced that the third season of the series, which was titled Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen (Swordsmith Village Arc), will premiere during April 2023 on television in Japan with an hour-long episode. A new promotional video for this sequel was also shared.
Furthermore, it was revealed that a special screening will be held in theaters in more than 80 countries consisting of episodes 10 and 11 of the “Yuukaku-hen” arc and the first episode of the “Katanakaji no Sato-hen” arc. This project will open in theaters in Japan on February 3, 2023. The release date for other territories may vary. In commemoration of this projection, a new promotional image was published where the characters of both arcs can be seen.
After this announcement, Konnichiwa Festival confirmed that the special event of Kimetsu no Yaiba titled as “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – To the Swordsmith Village World Tour“, also will take place in Mexico City, in Mexico, on March 4, 2023. This is an unprecedented announcement, since it is the first event of this type (that is, official anime promotion) in the history of Mexico and Latin America.
Regarding the film that compiles the last two episodes of the second season and that will show the first of the third season, Aniplex of America Y crunchyroll They reported that they will handle limited distribution in the West, under the following guidelines:
- The red carpet of the premiere in Los Angeles will be held on February 18 at the Orpheum Theater and will be attended by Natsuki Hanae (voiced by Tanjiro Kamado), the producer of Aniplex, yuma takahashi and the performance of aimer. Tickets for the event will go on sale starting January 7 at Ticketmaster.
- The movie “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba To the Swordsmith Village” will hit theaters in the United States and Canada on Friday, March 3 with subtitled and dubbed versions in English.
- The “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba -To the Swordsmith Village- World Tour” will kick off with a two-day event in Tokyo, followed by others in Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City (the one announced above), Seoul, and Taipei.
The second season premiered in December 2021 and had a total of eleven episodes, or eighteen if the anime’s seven are considered. Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Resha-henwhich together make up thesecond season project“. the platforms crunchyroll Y funimation They are in charge of its distribution in the West in a subtitled way, but they have not given any announcement about the production of a dubbing into Latin Spanish.
- Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Zestiria the X, Tales of Symphonia the Animation) is in charge of the serial direction in the studies ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai, Katsugeki: Touken Ranbu).
- Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Tales of Zestiria the X) is in charge of the character design together with Miyuki Satō, Yoko Kajiyama Y Mika Kikuchiwho served as supporting character designers in the first season and the film.
- yuki kajiura (Sword Art Online, Fate/Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) Y Gou Shiina (Tales of Zestiria the X, Juuni Taisen, God Eater) are in charge of composing the soundtrack.
General Synopsis of Kimetsu no Yaiba
Tanjirou Kamado lives with his impoverished family on a remote mountain. As his older brother, he took responsibility for supporting his family after his father’s death. On a cold winter’s day, he goes down to the local village to sell charcoal. At dusk, he is forced to spend the night at the home of a curious man who warns him of the existence of strange creatures that roam the night: malevolent demons that crave human flesh.
When he finally gets home, Tanjirou’s worst nightmare comes true. His entire family has been brutally massacred, with the sole exception of his sister Nezuko, who has turned into a carnivorous demon. Filled with hatred and despair, Tanjirou desperately tries to stop Nezuko from attacking others, embarking on a journey to avenge his family and find a way to turn his beloved sister back into a human.
Font: comic natalie