Lookism anime reveals a new trailer and its voices in Japanese
Through a press release, a new extended promotional video was shared for the animated adaptation of the webtoon written and illustrated by Tae Jun Park, Lookism. The press release confirms that the premiere remains scheduled for next November 4 globally on the platform Netflixand also reveals the project’s Japanese dub cast.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Park Hyung-Suk.
- Wataru Urata as Lee Jin-Sung.
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Lee Eun-Tae.
- daisuke ono as Jin Ho Bin.
- Tsuguo Mogami as Pyeon Duk-Hwa.
- Saori Hayami as Park Ha-Neul.
- Natsu Yōrita as Kim Mi Jin.
- Queen Aoyama as Choi Soo Jung.
- Production is carried out by the South Korea-based company, Studio Mir (Dota: Dragon’s Blood, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf). Although it is produced outside of Japan, it is considered an “anime” because the staff in charge is Japanese.
- The statement writes: “The main characters of the original story, redrawn by unique character designers, will be brought to life, with dynamic direction and gorgeous effects, to deliver an engaging and different episode of the original story.».
Synopsis for Lookism
Park Hyung Suk has spent the 17 years of his life at the bottom of the food chain. Short, overweight and unattractive, he is used to being bullied by his classmates and constantly discriminated against because of his looks. In an attempt to escape from his biggest stalker, Lee Tae Sung, he decides to transfer to Seoul Jae Won High School, a vocational high school famous for its liberal education system and carefree students. Days before his transfer, Hyung Suk wakes up to find that he no longer has his usual chubby body, but he has a perfect body! Tall, handsome, and beautifully toned, Hyung Suk has become the ideal version of himself. The only problem is that his original body is still next to him, and when one body falls asleep, he wakes up in the other. Now that he has two wildly different bodies, Hyung Suk must learn to navigate his new and much more popular life at J High School, while he solves the mystery of where his second, near-superhuman body came from.
Font: Press release