Lycoris Recoil reveals a new trailer ahead of its plot climax
On the official site for the upcoming original anime directed by Shingo Adachi and produced by the studios A-1 Pictures, Lycoris Recoil, the third promotional video of the project was revealed. The video includes the tagline: “The story is approaching its last stage“, as well as scenes from the eight episodes broadcast to date of the project.
The series has been broadcast since July 2 in Japan and is confirmed with a total of thirteen episodes, while the platform Crunchyroll handles its distribution in the West.
- Chika Anzai as Chisato Nishikigi.
- Shion Wakayama as Takina Inoue.
- Ami Koshimizu as Mizuki Nakahara.
- misaki kuno like Kurumi.
- Kousuke Sakaki like Mike.
- Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online, Working!!) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios A-1 Pictures.
- Muru Imigi (Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!, Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!) is in charge of character design.
- Asura (Ben-To, TiN-So: Kimi ga Te ni Suru Ore no Ex Machina, Eiyuu Toshi no Bakadomo) handled the original story.
- Kimika Onai (costume design by Nogizaka46, Sakurazaka46) was in charge of designing the uniforms.
Lycoris Recoil Synopsis
The number of terrorist acts in Japan has never been lower, thanks to the efforts of a syndicate called Direct Attack (DA). The organization raises orphaned girls as assassins to carry out assassinations under its “Lycoris” program. Takina Inoue is an exceptional Lycoris, with a strong sense of will and a penchant for perfection. Unfortunately, a hostage situation tests her patience, and the resulting act of insubordination gets her transferred out of the DA. She’s not thrilled about losing the only place she belonged, but she reluctantly arrives at her new base of operations: LycoReco, a coffee shop in disguise.
However, Takina’s new partner turns out to be very different from what she imagined. Despite being the famous prodigy of Lycoris, Chisato Nishikigi seems almost unconcerned about her obligations. She drags Takina into all sorts of odd jobs under the simple guise of helping people in need. Takina is further taken aback when Chisato takes down a group of armed assailants without killing any of them. Feeling like a fish out of water, Takina is hell-bent on rejoining the DA, but Chisato is determined to show her that there’s more to life than just taking it.
Font: Comic Natalie