On the official site for the anime adaptation of the light novels written by Kyousuke Kamishiro and illustrated by Takayaki, Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano Datta (My Stepsister is My Ex-Girlfriend), a new promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the premiere has been scheduled for July 6 in Japan, and shows a fragment of the opening theme entitled “Deneb to Spica” and performed by DIALOG+.
The press release also revealed the stills from the first episode of the series:
Kamishiro and Takayaki began publishing the light novels through the imprint Bunko Sneaker from the publisher Kadokawa in December 2018. The publisher published the seventh volume of the novels on July 30 in Japan. The work is inspiring a manga adaptation by Rei Kusakabewhich is published in the magazine Dr-Dr Sharp of the Niconico since May 2019.
- Rina Hidaka as Yume Irido.
- hiro shimono like Mizuto Irido.
- Ikumi Hasegawa as Minami Akatsuki.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Kogure Kawanami.
- Miyu Tomita as Isana Touzu.
- Shinsuke Yanagi (Toradora!, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Project No.9.
- Deko Akao (Noragami, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Katsuyuki Satō is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Hiromi Mizutani (Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Non Non Biyori, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano Datta
A certain boy and a certain girl, both in high school, became a couple, flirting with each other, arguing over trivial things, frequently feeling irritated with each other, ended up breaking up at their graduation. And the two, Mizuto Irido and Yume Ayai, ended up meeting again in the most unexpected way. It turns out that his parents, both divorced, met, fell in love and got married, now making them step-siblings. The ex-partner, aware of their parents’ feelings, establishes a “sibling rule”, in which the one who becomes aware of the other loses. But, having so much contact living together, can they really ignore each other?
Font: Comic Natalie
© 紙城境介 (著), たかやKi (イラスト) / KADOKAWA