During the event TUDUM Japan 2022 by Netflix A new promotional video has been revealed for the upcoming two-part animated feature film for the multimedia franchise of Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Dealy Sins), which will be titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Ensa no Edinburgh (The Seven Dealy Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh).
The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for the month of December 2022 in the global catalog of the platform, but does not give details about the second part. In addition, he lists the synopsis he writes:
- A new “The Seven Deadly Sins” movie with an original story by Nakaba Suzuki, the creator of the series. It has been 14 years since the Kingdom of Liones defeated the Demon Clan and brought peace. Prince Tristan lives tormented by his inability to control his two great powers: the power of the Demon Clan of his father, Meliodas, who was captain of the Seven Deadly Sins as the Dragon’s Sin of Wrath, and the power of the Clan of the Goddess, inherited from her mother, Elizabeth.
- When Elizabeth’s life is threatened, Tristan flees to Edinburgh, to Deathpierce’s castle, once a Holy Knight and a member of the Blue Sky Pleiades. But what are Deathpierce’s true intentions? The wheel of fate begins to turn and will sweep away even the Seven Deadly Sins…
On the other hand, Nanatsu no Taizai is a manga written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki which was published in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha between October 2012 and March 2020, with forty-one compilation volumes in total. A sequel titled Mokushiroku no Yonkishi (Four Knights of the Apocalypse) is in publication and also has an anime adaptation in production.
- Bob Shirahata (Aguu: Tensai Ningyou, Hero Company, Hetalia Axis Powers, Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops) is in charge of directing the film project at the studios Alfred Imageworks in collaboration with studios Marvy Jack.
- Rintarou Ikeda (Hydrangea Saga, Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan, Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kohta Yamamoto (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, 86: Eighty-Six) Y Hiroyuki Sawano (Shingeki no Kyojin, Ao no Exorcist) are responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Nanatsu no Taizai
The Seven Deadly Sins are a group of knights from the Kingdom of Britannia who disbanded ten years ago accused of treason and for having staged a coup against the Kingdom of Liones and its Holy Knights. The third princess of Liones, Elizabeth Liones, meets the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins, Meliodas, and requests her help to rescue the honor of the Holy Knights, who are being manipulated by a demonic entity. Meliodas will then begin to reunite his companions, while multiple threats will try to destroy the peace every time they get it.
Font: Comic Natalie