The platform Netflix listed that the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by makoto yukimura, Vinland Sagawill have a new episode on January 9, 2023 in your catalog. This coincides with the scheduled premiere of the second season, so Netflix may be planning to do a “simulcast (broadcast the episodes on the same day as Japan)” of this serieswhich would be completely unprecedented (the platform has never done it before).
It should be noted that There is still no official confirmation that it will be done simulcast, although the catalog does expressly state that there will be a new episode on this date. However, if it turns out that it is not, you can always go to crunchyrollwhich also has distribution rights.
For his part, makoto yukimura began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher kodansha in April 2005, and later moved it to the magazine Monthly Afternoons in December 2005. The play inspired a twenty-four episode anime adaptation produced by WIT Studiounder the direction of Shuuhei Yabuta and scripts written by Hiroshi Seko Y kenta iharareleased in July 2019.
- Yuuto Uemura like Thorfinn.
- kenshō ono like Canute.
- Akio Ohtsuka like Thorkel.
- Youji Ueda Like Leif Ericson.
- Shuuhei Yabuta (Shingeki no Kyojin, No Game No Life, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri) returns to take over the direction of the anime in the studios MAPPAwhich replace WIT Studio.
- Hiroshi Seko (Shingeki no Kyojin, Jujutsu Kaisen, Mob Psycho 100) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiko Abiru (Hunter x Hunter (2011), Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season) returns to handle character design and animation direction.
- Yutaka Yamada (Tokyo Ghoul, Great Pretender, Babylon) returns to handle the composition of the soundtrack.
Vinland Saga Synopsis
Thorfinn, son of one of the Vikings’ greatest warriors, is among the best fighters in the merry band of mercenaries led by the cunning Askeladd. However, Thorfinn is not part of the group because of the looting involved, instead, for having caused a great tragedy to his family, the boy has vowed to kill Askeladd in a fair duel. Thorfinn spends his childhood with the mercenary crew, honing his skills on the battlefield among the Danes, where killing is just another joy in life.
One day, when Askeladd receives news that the Danish prince Canute has been taken hostage, he hatches an ambitious plan: one that will decide the next king of England and drastically alter the lives of Thorfinn, Canute, and his own. Set in 11th century Europe, Vinland Saga tells a bloody epic in an era where violence, madness and injustice are inescapable, providing a paradise for the battle-crazed hell and the rest who live in it.
© ヴィンランド・サガ SEASON2製作委員会