On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Yuu Tomofuji, Niehime to Kemono no Ou (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts), the first promotional video of the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere remains scheduled for the year 2023, while the statement revealed the project’s production team.
On the other hand, Tomofuji started publishing the manga in the magazine Hana to Yume from the publisher Hakusensha in November 2015 and ended it in October 2020. This is one of those cases where a finished manga is adapted.
- Kana Hanazawa like sariphi.
- Satoshi Hino Like King of Beasts/Leonhart.
- Yuka Nukui like Kiku.
- Natsumi Fujiwara like Lops.
- Chiaki Kon (Golden Time, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Gokushufudou) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios JCSTAFF.
- Seishi Minakami (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Mousou Dairinin) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shinya Hasegawa (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Golden Time, Toaru Majutsu no Index) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Kohta Yamamoto (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu, 86: Eighty-Six) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Niehime to Kemono no Ou
Saliphie is the ninety-ninth female human sacrifice to serve as food for the King of Beasts and Demons, but despite that, she is not the least bit afraid as she never had a family or a home to lose, so she takes a positive attitude and no longer worry about being eaten. The King finds her interesting and lets her stay by her side until the day she dies. This leads her to discover the truth about the King of Beasts and Demons and she ends up as the King’s Consort despite her being a human. This drives the other beasts and demons crazy at the news, but the King is powerful enough to silence them all.
Font: Comic Natalie