On the official site for the anime adaptation of the video game Square Enix, NieR: Automatawhich will be titled NieR: Automata Ver 1.1a, a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for the month of January 2023 in Japan, and lists three new voice cast members, including:
- chiaki kanou like commander.
- Keiko Isobe as Operator 60.
- Meari Hatsumi as Operator 210.
It should be noted that in an interview between the animation director of the series Ryōji Matsuyama and the creator of the video game Yoko Tarōit was explained that this project will not be a faithful adaptation of the game, but rather it will be a completely original story, starring the iconic characters of this franchise. In its time, the game was praised for its story and themes, its gameplay, and its music. Some visual and technical issues were criticized, but sales exceeded expectations; as of July 2021, the game had sold over 6 million copies worldwide.
- Yui Ishikawa like 2B.
- Natsuki Hanae like 9S.
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Pod 042.
- kaoru akiyama as Pod 153.
- Ryouji Masuyama (Blend S, Darling in the FranXX, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) is in charge of directing the anime at A-1 Pictures studios.
- Yoko Tarō (Yoshinoya Kyoudai, SINoALICE, Kimi Shi ni Tamou Koto Nakare) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts, alongside Ryouji Masuyama.
- Jun Nakai (Re:CREATORS, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Gin no Saji) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- MONACA (Shangri-La Frontier, Summer Time Render, Aharen-san wa Hakarenai) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Nier: Automata
NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S, and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine dystopia, overrun by powerful machines. Humanity has been driven from Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a last-ditch effort to retake the planet, the human resistance sends in a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, the war between the machines and the androids continues… A war that could soon reveal a long-forgotten truth of the world.
Font: Comic Natalie