In the latest issue of the magazine feel young from the publisher Shodensha it was announced that the manga written and illustrated by Yama Wayama, Onna no Sono no Hoshi (Hoshi of Girls’ Garden), will have an anime adaptation in the format of an OVA episode, which will be included in a special edition of the third compilation volume scheduled for December 8 in Japan.
Wayama began publication of the manga in the magazine feel young from the publisher Shodensha in January 2020, while the publisher published the second compilation volume in May 2021. The work was nominated for the awards Manga Taisho Awards in 2021 and 2022, it got the first position in the recommendation ranking for female readers in the list Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2021, and the fifth position in the same ranking in 2022.
- Gen Hoshino like Hoshi.
- Mamoru Miyano like Kobayashi.
- Shinichi Omata (Kaguya-sama: Love is War Ultra Romantic, Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios LapinTrack.
- Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai, Salaryman’s Club) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naho Kozono is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Kei Haneoka (Kaguya-sama: Love is War Ultra Romantic, UQ Holder!) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Onna no Sono no Hoshi
Hoshi-sensei, a Japanese language teacher at a girls’ school, is at the mercy of his students and colleagues. The female students challenge him to his illustrated shiritori puns in his daily notes, convince him to bring a dog to class, and ask his advice on becoming a manga artist, while his colleagues drag him on their rounds to the pub. Interactions between a cast of unique characters make for offbeat comedy.
Font: Comic Natalie
© 和山やま (著) / SHODENSHA 祥伝社