On the official site for the anime adaptation of the multimedia project of Rooster Teeth Productions, RWBYwhich will be titled RWBY: Ice Kingdom, it was revealed that the first three episodes will premiere on YouTube on June 24-26 this year. While the YouTube premiere is exclusive to Japan, The Crunchyroll and Aniplus platforms will handle the distribution of these three episodes from June 24.
The production will first organize a live broadcast on YouTube an hour before, with a concert and a talk show, although it is not clear if the broadcasts of Crunchyroll either Aniplus will also feature those segments. The series will premiere in Japan on July 3, while the platform Crunchyroll will handle distribution in the West.
RWBY is an animated series produced by studios Rooster Teeth Animation in the United States, with a Japanese-style animation cut. After several promotional videos, the series premiered its first episode in July 2013. Subsequent episodes were released semi-weekly through YouTube, and the series achieved such fame that a second season premiered in July 2014.
The death of Monty Oum, the original creator, during the production of the third season in 2015 led to a series of delays and changes in the production team. Since then, fans agree that a series of creative decisions were made that ended up sinking the franchise, which has accumulated eight seasons to date. Thus, some say that resorting to a project produced in Japan is a “desperate alternative to recover the impact of the franchise”.
- Saori Hayami like Ruby Rose.
- Youko Hikasa as Weiss Schnee.
- Yuu Shimamura as Blake Belladonna.
- Ami Koshimizu like Yang Xiao Long.
- hiro shimono as Jaune Arc.
- Aya Suzaki as Nora Valkyrie.
- Megumi Toyoguchi as Pyrrha Nikos.
- souma saitou like Lie Ren.
- Kazuhiko Inoue like Ozpin.
- Toshimasa Suzuki (Bakemonogatari, Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden, Heroic Age) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios SHAFT.
- Tow Ubukata (Psycho-Pass 2, Heroic Age, Le Chevalier D’Eon) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Gen Urobuchi (Psycho-Pass, Fate/Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) animation planning is credited.
- Huke (Steins;Gate, Black★Rock Shooter) is in charge of character design, while Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Bakemonogatari, Nisekoi, Gotoubun no Hanayome) is in charge of directing the animation and adapting them.
- Nobuko Toda (Isshuukan Friends, Amaama to Inazuma) Y Kazuma Jinnouchi (Star Wars: Visions, Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
- Void_Chords feat. L will perform the opening theme song “Beyond Selves“, while Saori Hayami will perform the ending theme titled “wake up“.
Synopsis for RWBY
The story takes place in the world of Remnant, which is filled with mysterious and malevolent creatures known as the “Creatures of Grimm”. Prior to the events of the series, humanity struggled to survive against the Grimm before discovering the power of a mysterious element known as “Dust”, which allowed them to dominate in battle. In the present day, Dust is used to strengthen weapons and abilities, while a more archaic use is for clothing. The series then focuses on four girls, each with their respective powers and weapons. Together, they form the “RWBY” team at Beacon Academy, where they train to become slayers who will take on the Grimms.
Font: Comic Natalie
(c)2022 Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC/Team RWBY Project