Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence romance delayed by COVID-19
On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hazano Kazutake, Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence (Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi), it was announced that the premiere has been delayed due to production problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The premiere was scheduled for the season of Spring-2023 (April-June)but now it has been rescheduled for the season of Summer-2023 (July-September)that is, it had a delay of three months.
Kazutake began publishing the manga in the magazine Shounen Magazine R from the publisher kodansha in April 2017, and is also published on the service Magazine Pocket. On the other hand, the platform crunchyroll will take care of its distribution in the West.
- Hime Sawada like Cecilia.
- Kaito Ishikawa like Lawrence.
- Kanna Nakamura like Hazelita Aldridge.
- Haruki Ishiya like Abel.
- Haruka Tomatsu like Mel.
- mai nakahara like Rebecca.
- Makoto Koichi like Erik.
- sumie noro (Maoujou de Oyasumi, Yesterday wo Utatte, Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Doga Kobo.
- Yuka Yamada (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Kuroshitsuji, Ao Haru Ride) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Hiromi Nakagawa (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!, Ao no Exorcist, Himouto! Umaru-chan) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis of Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence
On the small outskirts of a sleepy town, Lawrence works as a local pastor for the townspeople. In case of need, he is in charge of guiding people to the church to visit the “Saint”, a symbol of good morals who attends to the struggles of each parishioner and gives him sincere advice. Cecelia, a kind young woman, is in charge of carrying out this function; however, this tedious job exhausts her quickly. That, coupled with her hidden sleepy nature, causes her to often hang around church. This leaves Lawrence having to take care of the church by himself. While Cecelia sleeps in anticipation of her next visit, Lawrence tends to her needs and fulfills the many responsibilities of the church.
Little by little, they begin to establish a comfortable and trusting friendship with each other. Lawrence’s acceptance of Cecelia’s lax nature excites her, while Cecelia grows accustomed to Lawrence’s overly caring nature. However, as the adoring, absent-minded saint’s feelings for the dense, overly protective shepherd grow beyond friendship, how will he respond?
Fountain: comic natalie