On the official site for the anime adaptation of the light novels written by Hajime Kamoshida and illustrated by Keji Mizoguchi, Seishun Buta Yarou Series (Rascal Does Not Dream), it was announced that the new sequel project of the franchise will be screened in theaters in Japan. While this could confirm that the project is a new movie (especially since only two volumes are being adapted), there’s still a chance that it’s an OVA series, so wait for more official announcements to clarify the matter.
This next project will feature two parts, each to adapt the eighth and ninth volumes, respectively. The first part will focus on the character Kaede Asusagawa and it is titled Seishun Buta Yarou wa Dekake Shisuta no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out). On the other hand, the second will be named Seishun Buta Yarou wa Randoseru Garu no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Knapsack Girl) and its story will revolve around the character mai sakurajima.
Finally, the statement also revealed a promotional image for the section dedicated to Kaede Asusagawawhose synopsis writes:
- December, was when I wished for the future of my first love, Shoko, who had passed away, and before I knew it, I, Sakuta, was in the third semester of my second year of high school. As Mai, a third-year student at Minegahara High School, was finishing her high school life, Sakuta’s younger sister, Kaede, who had stayed home for two years, opens the doors of her heart, which she had never seen before. revealed to no one. “I want to go to the high school my brother goes to.” That is a big decision for Kaede. Sakuta gently pushes on Kaede’s back, knowing that it is an extremely difficult choice for her. “Kaede” receives the feelings entrusted by the previous “Kaede” and takes a step into the future!
For their part, Kamoshida and Mizoguchi began publishing the light novels through the publishing label Dengeki Bunko from the publisher kadokawa in April 2014. The publisher published the eleventh volume in December 2020. The work inspired a thirteen-episode anime adaptation produced by the studios CloverWorksunder the direction of souichi masui and scripts written by masahiro yokotani, released in October 2018; followed by a movie in June 2019.
- Kaito Ishikawa as Sakuta Asusagawa.
- Asami Seto like Mai Sakurajima.
- Yurika Kubo as Kaede Asusagawa.
- Nao Touyama like Take Koga.
- Atsumi Tanezaki like Rio Futaba.
- souichi masui (Soul Eater, Hitsugi no Chaika, Sakura Quest) is in charge of directing the project in the studios CloverWorks.
- masahiro yokotani (Steins;Gate, Toradora!, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Satomi Tamura (Darling in the FranXX, Kiznaiver, 7/22) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Seishun Buta Yarou Series Synopsis
One day, in the library where Sakuta Azusagawa studies, he meets an unexpected sight: a beautiful high school girl dressed as a bunny. She turns out to be Mai Sakurajima, a famous former actress and fellow student at Minegahara High School. However, her surprise at seeing Mai in such a daring outfit in the library is nothing compared to her shocking realization that he is the only one who can see her! Remembering an event from her past, Sakuta offers to help Mai discover the reason for her invisibility. Although their relationship is initially contentious, the two quickly grow close: Mai and Sakuta grow to appreciate each other, and their friendship develops into a budding romance.
This makes his determination to solve Mai’s dilemma even greater. As the investigation progresses, Sakuta attributes Mai’s situation to an urban legend known as the Adolescence Syndrome: strange phenomena that occur in youth, unexplained by science and often dismissed as delusions. With few promising results, Mai’s situation worsens to the point that not being seen is the least of her worries. Will Sakuta and Mai be able to solve the mystery of her Adolescence Syndrome before it completely disappears?
Font: comic natalie
©2018 鴨志田 一／ＫＡＤＯＫＡＷＡ