During the event Aniplex Online Fest 2022 The first promotional video for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hazano Kazutake, Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi (Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence). The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for April 2023 in Japan and reveals the project’s voice cast.
Kazutake began publication of the manga in the magazine Shounen Magazine R from the publisher Kodansha in April 2017. The series is also published on the service Magazine Pocket and the publisher Kodansha published the tenth compilation volume on June 16 in Japan.
- Hime Sawada like Cecilia.
- Kaito Ishikawa like Lawrence.
- Sumie Noro (Maoujou de Oyasumi, Yesterday wo Utatte, Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Doga Kobo.
- yuka yamada (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Kuroshitsuji, Ao Haru Ride) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Hiromi Nakagawa (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!, Ao no Exorcist, Himouto! Umaru-chan) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis of Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi
On the small outskirts of a quiet town, Lawrence works as a local shepherd for the townspeople. In case of need, he is in charge of guiding people to the church to visit the “Saint”, a symbol of good morals who attends to the struggles of each parishioner and grants him sincere advice. Cecelia, a good-natured young woman, is in charge of carrying out this role; however, this tedious job quickly wears her out. That, coupled with her hidden sleepy nature, means that she often lazes around in church. This leaves Lawrence to take care of the church by himself. While Cecelia sleeps in anticipation of her next visit, Lawrence attends to her needs and fulfills the many responsibilities of the church.
Little by little, they begin to establish a comfortable and trusting friendship with each other. Lawrence’s acceptance of Cecelia’s lax nature excites her, while she gets used to Lawrence’s overly affectionate nature. However, as the adoring and distracted saint’s feelings for the dense and overly protective pastor progress beyond friendship, how will he respond?
Font: Comic Natalie