Sword Art Online: Progressive dates the premiere of its second film with a visual
On the official site for the franchise sword art online A new promotional image was published for the Sword Art Online: Progressive – Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo (Scherzo of a Deep Night), the second part of the film project based on the spin-off light novels Sword Art Online: Progressive. The press release confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for next September 10 in theaters in Japan.
The staff has also announced a special titled “TV Anime Sword Art Online 10th Anniversary Countdown!” that Tokyo MX and other channels will broadcast on July 1 at 24:00 (Japan time). Details of the re-broadcast will be announced in the special.SAO Selection” which will start from July 9, as well as more news about the upcoming film and the 10th anniversary project. The Ueno Mori Museum in Tokyo will host the exhibition “The Art of Sword Art Online” from July 2 to 25.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kazuto Kirigaya/Kirito.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Asuna Yuuki.
- Shiori Izawa like argus.
- Ayako Kouno (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri) is in charge of directing the feature film at the studios A-1 Pictures.
- Kento Toya (Angel Beats!, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Yasuyuki Kai is in charge of the design of the monsters.
- yuki kajiura (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Fate/Zero) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Sword Art Online Progressive Synopsis
This is a story that goes back to before “Lightning Flash” and “The Black Swordsman” were known by those names. The day Asuna Yuuki put on the NerveGear, she was a third grader who had never touched a game. On November 6, 2022, the world’s first VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online, is officially released. But the players, still elated to have connected, are suddenly trapped inside the game when the Game Master deprives them of any chance to get out. The Game Master gives them this warning “this may be a game, but it is not something to be played with”.
If a player dies in the game, they also die in real life. Hearing this, the players panic, and chaos reigns. One of these players is Asuna, but even though she still doesn’t know the rules of that world, she is on her way to conquer Aincrad, the floating iron castle whose peak is too high to be seen. As the days go by in this world where death is never far away, she has a fateful encounter. And then a goodbye. Although she is at the mercy of reality in her eyes, Asuna fights with all her might until someone appears before her: the cold swordsman, Kirito…
Font: Comic Natalie
(c)2020 川原礫/KADOKAWA/SAO-P Project