Sword Art Online: Progressive reveals a new trailer for its second film
On the official site for the franchise Sword Art Online a new trailer for the movie was revealed Sword Art Online: Progressive – Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo (Scherzo of a Deep Night), the second part of the film project based on the spin-off light novels Sword Art Online: Progressive. The press release maintains the premiere scheduled for next September 10 in theaters in Japan.
A specialized site describes the title as follows: «The fifth floor of Aincrad is a dimly lit area of ruins and relics. In the beta test, this floor was the scene of many PKs, so Asuna asks Kirito for a PVP dueling lesson. Asuna considers Kirito to be a very wise and trustworthy person, but she depends on him a lot. For this reason, she will seek to become independent little by little from him on this floor.».
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kazuto Kirigaya/Kirito.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Asuna Yuuki.
- Shiori Izawa like argus.
- Ayako Kouno (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri) is in charge of directing the feature film at the studios A-1 Pictures.
- Kento Toya (Angel Beats!, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Yasuyuki Kai is in charge of the design of the monsters.
- yuki kajiura (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Fate/Zero) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Sword Art Online Progressive Synopsis
This is a story that goes back to before “Lightning Flash” and “The Black Swordsman” were known by those names. The day Asuna Yuuki put on the NerveGear, she was a third grader who had never touched a game. On November 6, 2022, the world’s first VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online, is officially released. But the players, still elated to have connected, are suddenly trapped inside the game when the Game Master deprives them of any chance to get out. The Game Master gives them this warning “this may be a game, but it is not something to be played with”.
If a player dies in the game, they also die in real life. Hearing this, panic breaks out among the players, and chaos reigns. One of these players is Asuna, but even though she still doesn’t know the rules of that world, she is on her way to conquer Aincrad, the floating iron castle whose peak is too high to be seen. As the days go by in this world where death is never far away, she has a fateful encounter. And then a goodbye. Although she is at the mercy of reality in her eyes, Asuna fights with all her might until someone appears before her: the cold swordsman, Kirito…
Font: Comic Natalie
(c)2020 川原礫/KADOKAWA/SAO-P Project