The editorial Kodansha revealed the winners of the forty-sixth edition of the Kodansha Manga Award (Kodansha Manga-sho). It should be remembered that last year the manga of Muneyuki Kaneshiro Y Yusuke Nomura, Blue-Lock, won in the category of “Best Shonen Manga”; the sleeve of Megumi Morino, Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai (A Condition Called Love), won in the category of “Best Shojo Manga”; and the manga of Kiwa Irie, Yuria-sensei no Akai Ito (Yuria’s Red String), won in the “Best Overall Manga” category.
- best shonen manga
- Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (TenSura: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime), by Taiki Kawakami.
- Mikami’s middle age hasn’t gone the way he planned: He never found a girlfriend, got stuck in a dead-end job, and was abruptly stabbed to death in the street at age 37. So when he wakes up in a new world straight out of a fantasy RPG, he’s disappointed, but not exactly surprised to discover that he’s not a knight or a wizard, but a blind, boneless slime monster. But there are chances for even a slime to become a hero…
- Best Shoujo Manga
- Hoshifuru Oukoku no Nina (Nina the Starry Bride), by rikachi.
- Nina had a rough start in life, stealing to survive and eventually being sold into slavery by her own brother. But to her surprise, her captor, Prince Azure, ordered her to live the life of a princess…namely, that of the recently deceased princess-priestess, Alisha. But despite her reversal of fortune, Nina won’t give up her old life without a fight…and Azure may be the one to finally match her wits. But how far can he trust Azure? And can she stop the feelings welling up in her heart, knowing that she must finally marry someone else…?
- Best Overall Manga
- Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu (Police in a Pod), by Miko Yassu.
- Police officer Kawai was fed up with a career that didn’t even interest her and was about to turn in her license plate, when the unthinkable happened: she met the new director of her station! And after spending a little time with this gorgeous role model, Ella Kawai realizes that she may not be quite an officer after all.
Other entries in the “Best Overall Manga” category included works like Oshi no Ko (My Star), Skip to Loafer (Skip and Loafer), Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou nor Tsuite (About the Movement of the Earth), Yankee-kun to Hakujou Girl (Yankee-kun and the White Cane Girl) Y Raise wa Tanin ga II (Yakuza Fiancé).
Font: Comic Natalie