On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Taku Kawamura, My Clueless First Friend (Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru), the first promotional video for the project was revealed. The video revealed production details and confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for next April in Japan.
Kawamura began publishing the manga through the magazine gangan joker from the publisher Square Enix in May 2018. Previously, the author already wrote other works that have not been adapted to anime, such as Ryuunen! todome-senpai Y Kawaii Kouhai ni Iwasaretai.
- Konomi Kohara as Akane Nishimura.
- shizuka ishigami like Taiyo Takada.
- Kengo Kawanishi like Daichi Hino.
- Queen Kondo like Umi Adachi.
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Yukiko Takada.
- Shigenori Kageyama (DYNAMIC CHORD, Himawari!, Himawari Too!!) is in charge of directing the anime at Studio Signpost (previously known as Pierrot Plus).
- chikashi kadekaru (Mieruko-chan, Juni Taisen: Zodiac War) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Takafumi Hoshikawa (shaman king) Y Shōgo Yasukawa (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Ayakashi Triangle) are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Toshio Masuda (Kamisama Kiss, Naruto) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for My Clueless First Friend
Opposites attract when a cheerful airhead meets the loner of his new class in this heartwarming school comedy series. A lonely and sad fifth grade girl is the target of incessant bullying and teasing from her classmates, until a new boy enters the scene. The likable Takada is as clueless as he is well-intentioned, but somehow possesses the magical ability to start bringing the “Grim Reaper” Nishimura out of his shell. As elementary school students experience all the fun of a childhood summer together – from swimming in the pool to picking sunflowers and watching fireworks – an unusual friendship blossoms.
Font: comic natalie