On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Yuki Kanamaru, Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman (More Than a Married Couple, but not Lovers), the first promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for next October in Japan and reveals the production details of the project.
It had previously been reported that Liyu will perform the opening theme song “TRUE FOOL LOVE“, while Nowlu will perform the ending theme entitled “Stuck on You“. Finally, Studio Mother is the studio in charge of the project, recently co-producing the second season of Arifureta Shokugyou from Sekai Saikyou.
Kanamaru began publishing the manga in the magazine Monthly Young Ace from the publisher Kadokawa in March 2018. The publisher published the eighth compilation volume on May 2 in Japan, this being the author’s debut work in serialized form, so others cannot be cited as a reference.
- saori onishi as Akari Watanabe.
- Seichiro Yamashita as Jirou Yakuin.
- Saki Miyashita as Shiori Sakurazaka.
- Toshiki Masuda as Minami Tenjin.
- Junichi Yamamoto (Ninja Batman, Otona no Bouguya-san, Anemone) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Studio Mother.
- Naruhisa Arakawa (Ookami to Koushinryou, Sousei no Onmyouji, Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Chizuru Kobayashi (Pandora Hearts, Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis for Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman
Jirou Yakuin, a third-year high school student, was hoping to pair up with Shiori Sakurazaka, from the same class, in the required subject “Partner Practice.” In this practice, students must demonstrate that they have the necessary skills to live with a partner of the opposite sex and, at the same time, present a certain level of harmony before the video surveillance that qualifies them. Unfortunately, chance put his slightly subdued self into practice with the polar opposite of him, the gyaru Akari Watanabe.
Akari, for her part, was hoping to be paired with her crush Minami Tenjin. Her hopes are doubly dashed when they learn that Shiori and Minami have been assigned together. Thus, they reluctantly decide to cooperate to reach the top ten, which would give them the right to exchange partners if they both agree. To do this, Jirou steals Akari’s first kiss without realizing what she has done, while she gives him a hasty goodbye kiss…
Funet: Comic Natalie
(c)2022 Yuki Kanamaru/青瞬学院