On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Makoto Hoshino, Nokemono-tachi no Yoru (The Tale of the Outcasts), the first promotional video of the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for January 2023 in Japan, and reveals the voice cast and production team.
Hoshino began publication of the manga through the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan, and ended it in April 2021 with a total of eight published compilation volumes. The latter book was released in conjunction with the seventh in May 2021 in Japan.
- Ryouta Suzuki like Snow.
- Katsuyuki Konishi like Marbas.
- Ayana Taketatsu like wisteria.
- Yasutaka Yamamoto (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, Noblesse, Jitsu wa Watashi wa) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Asahi Production.
- Kenichi Yamashita (Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism, Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?, Jitsu wa Watashi wa) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Oosawa Mine (Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja, I★CHU: HALFWAY THROUGH THE IDOL, Given) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san) Y Kana Hashiguchi (Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu, A3! Season Autumn & Winter) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Nokemono-tachi no Yoru
Wisteria is an orphan girl who lives in a corner of the British Empire at the end of the 19th century. Her life is bleak and bleak, until she meets Marbas, a powerful but equally lonely hairy-looking immortal being stalked by hunters. Together, Wisteria and Marbas travel the Empire -populated by humans and human-like beasts- in search of a place where they can live together in peace.
Font: Comic Natalie