On the official site for the new anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Urusei Yatsura (Lum, the Invader Girl), it was announced that the first season of the anime will air for two consecutive arcs (quarters) starting in the Fall-2022 season (October-December). It should be noted that fuji creative corporation It has previously listed that the project will have 46 episodes, so the rest will be broadcast separately.
The press release also revealed to Kana Hanazawa as Ran’s new voice.
This series has its premiere scheduled for the season of Autumn-2022 (October-December) in Japan and since its announcement it had already been reported that “it will adapt selected manga stories and will run for four quarters or a full year”. On the other hand, Takahashi published the original manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between September 1978 and February 1987, compiling the work in thirty-four volumes. The manga inspired a 195-episode anime adaptation released in October 1981, a series of films, and a series of OVAs.
The voice cast will also be different from the original adaptation produced in 1981, and is as follows:
- Sumire Uesaka as Lum, replacing Fumi Hirano.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ataru Moroboshi, replacing Toshio Furukawa.
- Maaya Uchida as Shinobu Miyake.
- Mamoru Miyano as Shuutarou Mendou.
- Wataru Takagi like Cherry.
- Miyuki Sawashiro like Sakura.
- Hideya Takahashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) Y Yasuhiro Kimura (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) will be in charge of directing the series in the studios David Production.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Hataraku Saibo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoyuki Asano (Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis for Urusei Yatsura
Not much is noticeable about the lecherous Ataru Moroboshi, but his extraordinary bad luck sticks out like the horns on an alien’s head. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is selected to represent humanity in a duel against one of their number. It is a stroke of luck for Ataru that the duel is in fact a game of catch, and that his opponent is Lum, daughter of the leader of the Oni, who places her personal dignity above victory when Ataru removes her upper body. her bikini by mistake and with it, she takes the victory. However, misfortune strikes again when Lum mistakes Ataru’s promise to marry her girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, as a desire to marry Lum, and decides that she likes the idea of her. Exercising her influence as an alien princess, she moves in with him.
Font: Oricon News
©RUMIKO TAKAHASHI / SHOGAKUKAN