The fourth season of DanMachi will continue in 2023
The headband of the first volume of the light novels written by Fujino Oomori and illustrated by kakage, Astrea Record: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? (DanMachi), it was revealed that the second part of the fourth season of the anime adaptation of the main franchise will premiere in the month of January 2023 in Japan. According to a previous leak, this second part will also have another eleven episodes.
- “Astrea Record” is an important prequel story written by author Fujino Oomori for the third anniversary of DanMachi: Memoria Freese. It focuses on Ryu Lion and his time in the Astrea family, which until now only appeared in small flashbacks and in the special “Encounter and Vow” story included in the DanMachi 6th Blu-ray booklet. Its content is described as the biggest short story in DanMemo history and is worth 1.5 anime seasons.
Oomori and Yasuda began publishing the light novels through the imprint GA Bunko from the publisher SBCreative in January 2013, and the publisher published the sixteenth volume in October 2020, followed by the seventeenth in April 2021 in Japan. In addition to several manga adaptations, the work has inspired a three-season anime adaptation and a feature film released in February 2019 in Japan.
- Hideki Tachibana (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios JCSTAFF.
- Shirane Hideki (Date A Live, Hidan no Aria, Hundred, Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shigeki Kimoto (Toradora!, Zero no Tsukaima) is in charge of character design.
- Jin Aketagawa was in charge of sound direction while Keiji Inai was composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (DanMachi)
The intrepid adventurer Bell Cranel has leveled up, but he can’t rest on his laurels in the dungeon. The Hestia Familia still have a long way to go before they can take on the other Orario Families, but before Bell can set out on his next mission, reports of a brutal murder rock the adventurer community. One of Bell’s trusted allies is framed for the heinous crime, and it’s up to Bell and his friends to clear his name and uncover a nefarious plot brewing in the dark depths of the dungeon.