On the official site for the anime adaptation of the novels written by Kouko Shirakawa and illustrated by Ayuko, Koukyu no Karasu (A Raven in the Harem), a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for October 1 on television in Japan, while no platform has yet announced its distribution in the West.
The press release also revealed new members of the voice cast, including:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki like Onkei.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto like Tankai.
Shirakawa publication of the novels began with illustrations by Ayuko (Hakushaku to Yousei) in April 2018. The publisher Shueisha published the fifth volume in December 2020, followed by the sixth on August 20 in Japan. The literary franchise already exceeds 900,000 copies in circulation as a whole, but there is still no manga adaptation announced.
- Saku Mizuno as Jusetsu Ryou.
- Masaaki Mizunaka as Koshun Ka.
- Taku Yashirou like Eisei.
- Marika Kouno like jiujiu.
- Chizuru Miyawaki (Gintama, Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa) is in charge of directing the project in the studios Bandai Namco Pictures.
- Satomi Ooshima (Gyokou no Nikuko-chan) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shinji Takeuchi (Gintama, Fairy Tail (2014), Ixion Saga DT) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- asami tachibana (Haikyuu!!, Darling in the FranXX, Owari no Seraph) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Koukyuu no Karasu
In the depths of the inner palace lives a special consort who does not serve the emperor despite her position as a consort. She is known as the Raven Consort. People who have seen her say that she looks like an old woman, while others say that she looks like a young girl. Her stories tell of her use of her mysterious arts, and how she can take on any request, be it death curses or finding lost things. Koushun, the current emperor, goes to visit the Crow Consort with that intention. Not knowing that her fateful encounter will become a taboo that will turn history upside down.
Font: Comic Natalie