On the official site for the studios upcoming original anime Polygon Pictures, Ooyukiumi no Kaina (Kaina of the Great Snow Sea), the first promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms the voice cast and that the first four episodes will premiere early during the event. Crunchyroll Exponext August 6.
The manga adaptation of this original story credits Tsutomu Nihei for the original story, while Itoe Takemoto (The Beast Player) is in charge of the drawing, and it is published in the magazine Monthly Shōnen Sirius from the publisher Kodansha from February 2022. On the other hand, the series maintains its premiere scheduled for the month of January 2023 in Japan.
- Yoshimasa Hosoya like Kaine.
- Rie Takahashi like Liliha.
- Ayumu Murase like Yaona.
- maaya sakamoto like Amerote.
- Katsuyuki Onishi like Olinoga.
- Tomokazu Sugita like Ngaboji.
- Nobuyuki Hiyama like Handagil.
- Kenyu Horiuchi like Hallesola.
- Hiroaki Ando (Ajin, Listeners) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Polygon Pictures.
- Sadayuki Murai (Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Juni Taisen: Zodiac War, Natsume’s Book of Friends) Y Tetsuya Yamada (Knights of Sidonia, Juni Taisen: Zodiac War) are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
Synopsis for Ooyukiumi no Kaina
This “boy and girl fantasy” is set in a world where the earth is being engulfed by the Great Snow Sea. Humanity eke out a living above the Tenmaku (a pun on the Japanese word for tent) that stretches from the roots to the tops of the gigantic orbital trees. The story centers on Kaina, a boy who lives above the Tenmaku, and Liliha, the princess of the small country Atland in the Great Snow Sea.
Font: Comic Natalie