On the official site for the new anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Yasuhiro Nightow, trigunwhich will be titled Trigun Stampede, the second promotional video of the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for January 2023 in Japan, while the platform Crunchyroll handles its distribution in the West.
Nightow published the manga in the magazine Monthly Shōnen Captain from the publisher akita shoten between May 1995 and February 1997. The publisher compiled the work in a total of three volumes. Subsequently, the author continued the publication under the title Trigun Maximum in the magazine Young King Ours from the publisher Shonengahosha between December 1997 and May 2007, with a total of 14 compilation volumes published.
The play inspired a twenty-six-episode anime adaptation produced by studios. mad houseunder the direction of Satoshi Nishimura and scripts written by Yousuke Kurodareleased in April 1998. With a total of seventeen filler episodes, trigun It has a high infill percentage of 65 percent.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka like Vash the Stampede.
- Junya Ikeda like Knives Millions.
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Vash the Stampede (child).
- Yumiri Hanamori as Knives Millions (boy).
- maaya sakamoto as Rem Saverem.
- Kenji Mutou (BEASTARS, HELLO WORLD) is directing the anime at Studio Orange.
- Tatsuro Inamoto, Shin Okashima (Godzilla: Singular Point, Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san) Y Yoshihisa Ueda are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts
- Koji Tajima (Fuuko no Iru Mise), Tetsurou Moronuki, Takahiko Abiru (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, Vinland Saga), akiko sato, Soji Ninomiya Y yumihiko amano They are in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Tatsuya Katō (Mirai Nikki, Shokugeki no Souma, Dr. Stone) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
“Vash the Stampede” is a man whose head is priced at $60 billion. The reason, he is a ruthless villain who destroys everyone who opposes him and crushes entire cities for fun, earning the title of “The Human Hurricane”. He leaves a trail of death and destruction wherever he goes, and anyone can be practically left for dead if they just happen to make contact with him, or so the rumors say. In reality, Vash claims never to have killed and avoids violence at any cost.
With his crazy donut obsession and buffoonish attitude, Vash traverses the wastelands of the planet Gunsmoke, while being followed by two agents named Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson, who try to minimize his social impact. But soon, Vash’s misadventures evolve into life-and-death situations as a group of legendary assassins are summoned to bring suffering to the trio.
Font: Comic Natalie
(c) 2023 内藤泰弘・少年画報社／「TRIGUN STAMPEDE」製作委員会