The second season of BOFURI will also be suspended
On the official site for the anime adaptation of the light novels written by yuumikan and illustrated by koin, BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defenseit was announced that the broadcast of the second season will be suspended due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production.
According to the statement, the seventh episode, which was scheduled for February 22, will be delayed two weeks until March 8 in Japan. After this episode, the eighth, ninth and tenth episodes will air every week, but the eleventh and twelfth episodes are still pending confirmation. In summary, the broadcast schedule for this second season is as follows:
- February 15: Episode 6.
- February 22: Suspension (re-broadcast of Episode 1).
- March 1st: Suspension (re-broadcast of Episode 2).
- March 8: Episode 7.
- March, 15th: Episode 8.
- March 22: Episode 9.
- March 29: Episode 10.
- April 5 (hereinafter): To confirm.
This second season has been broadcast since January 11 in Japan, while the Crunchyroll platform is in charge of its distribution in the West. For his part, yuumikan began publishing the novels on the website Shoutsuka ni Narou in 2016, and later began to publish them through the publishing house Fujimi Shōbo in September 2017. The first season of the anime adaptation aired during the season of Winter-2020 (January-March).
- shin oonuma (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!) is in charge of directing this second season of BOFURI in studies SILVER LINK.
- Fumihiko Shimo (Anima Yell!, New Game!) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kazuya Hirata (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Sunohara-Sou no Kanrinin-san) is in charge of character design and animation direction, in collaboration with hiroyuki honda.
- Taro Masuda is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense
After an enthusiastic invitation from her friend, Kaede Honjou reluctantly agrees to try New World Online, a very popular VRMMO played by thousands of people in Japan. Naming her character Maple, she sets off on her own journey. As a novice to such games, she assigns all of her stat points to vitality, wishing she would feel no pain in the experience of it. Without a single point in any other stat, Maple boasts impenetrable defense, but is unable to move fast or hit hard.
However, this does not end badly for her, as Maple gains powerful abilities such as Total Defense, Poison Immunity, and Devour. These abilities, along with the incredibly powerful gear she’s gotten, allow her to take out most enemies with a single hit, so after a few days of playing, Maple claims third place in an event held throughout of the entire server, earning himself a reputation as an unkillable and absurdly broken player.
Fountain: Official site