On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Soumatou, Shadow’s Housea new promotional video for the project was released. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 8 in Japan.and shows a snippet of the theme songs, including:
- ReoNawho performed the ending theme for the first season, will perform the new ending theme with the single titled “Shall We Dance?“.
- Claris (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Hataraku Saibou) will perform the new ending theme with the single titled “Masquerade“.
The first season aired in Japan during the season of Spring-2021 (April-June)with thirteen episodes and the platform Funimation (now Crunchyroll) in charge of its distribution in the West. On the other hand, Soumatou publish the manga in the magazine Weekly Young Jump from the publisher Shueisha since September 2018.
- Kazuki Ohashi (Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry, Tsukimonogatari ) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios CloverWorks.
- Toshiya Ono (86: Eighty-Six, Gatchaman Crowds, Houseki no Kuni) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Chizuko Kusakabe (Pumpkin Scissors, Chocolate Trouble) is in charge of character design.
- Kenichiro Suehiro (Hataraku Saibo, fire force, Golden Kamuy) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Shadow’s House
The Shadows, characterized by their pitch-black appearance and tendency to emit soot when agitated, are a family of nobles who reside in a colossal mansion deep in the mountains, far from other humans. When a Shadow child is about to come of age, he is assigned a Living Doll that acts not only as his assistant, but also as his second half, the faces he might have if it weren’t for the complexion of him. Emilico is a cheerful newly created Doll who serves a rather soft-spoken teacher named Kate. Despite his personality differences, Emilico does what he can to satisfy his master’s needs.
As he learns more about his role and duty, Emilico gets to know his fellow Dolls and their respective masters and learns more about the purpose of their existence. “Don’t worry about trivial matters”, says one of the rules that all Dolls must abide by. But how could the ever-curious Emilico do so in the face of the deep secrets that the House of Shadows holds?
Font: Comic Natalie