The producer twin-engine published a special video where the director Shuhei Yabutaanimation producer Hiroya Hasegawa and the character designer Takahiko Abiru made some comments about the production of the second season of the anime adaptation of Vinland Saga. In one of the sections, Hasegawa pointed out that they have worked for forty-eight episodes, almost indirectly confirming that the second season will have a total of twenty-four episodes:
- I thought it wouldn’t make sense to just do up to the end of the first season and leave out the parts where Thorfinn returns to Iceland and is reunited with his family. That’s why, with the help of many people, we were able to do everything up to the story of the farm. In that sense, I felt like I was working on all 48 episodes of Vinland Saga, I hope everyone is looking forward to it.
This second season has its premiere scheduled for the month of January 2023 in Japan, and the production has changed from WIT Studio towards studies MAP. For its part, Makoto Yukimura the publication of the manga began in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in April 2005, and later moved it to the magazine Monthly Afternoon in December 2005.
- Shuhei Yabuta (Shingeki no Kyojin, No Game No Life, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri) returns to take charge of directing the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Shingeki no Kyojin, Jujutsu Kaisen, Mob Psycho 100) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiko Abiru (Hunter x Hunter (2011), Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season) returns to handle character design and animation direction.
- yutaka yamada (Tokyo Ghoul, Great Pretender, Babylon) returns to take charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Vinland Saga Synopsis
Thorfinn, son of one of the Vikings’ greatest warriors, is among the best fighters in the merry band of mercenaries led by the cunning Askeladd. However, Thorfinn is not part of the group because of the plunder involved, instead, having caused great tragedy to his family, the boy has vowed to kill Askeladd in a fair duel. Thorfinn spends his childhood with the mercenary crew, honing his skills on the battlefield among the Danes, where killing is just another life’s joy.
One day, when Askeladd receives news that the Danish Prince Canute has been taken hostage, he hatches an ambitious plan: one that will decide the next King of England and drastically alter the lives of Thorfinn, Canute and his own. Set in 11th century Europe, Vinland Saga tells a bloody epic in an era where violence, madness and injustice are inescapable, providing a paradise for the battle-crazed hell and the rest who live in it.
Font: YouTube (08:38)
© ヴィンランド・サガ SEASON2製作委員会