On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by subaruichi, The Legendary Hero Is Dead! (Yuusha ga Shinda!: Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka), the first main promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere remains scheduled for the month of April 2023 in Japanand reveals two new members of the voice cast, including:
- yuichi nakamura like Kyle Osment.
- sakura shinfuku like Millie Eunice.
subaruichi began publishing the manga through the digital service ONE sleeve from the publisher shogakukan in December 2014, and finished it in December 2020 with a total of twenty compiled volumes published. This is the author’s first and only recorded work, and one of the few cases in which a finished work is adapted into anime.
- Wakaru Katō Y shunichi toki as Touka Scott.
- Ayana Taketatsu like Ann Haysworth.
- hibiku yamamura like Yuna Eunice.
- Yurika Kubo like Marguerite Farom.
- Rion Kujou (Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica, Asu no Yoichi!, Gunjou no Magmell, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios LIDEN FILMSwith the production of WOWMAX.
- yuu satou (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records, Seikon no Qwaser, Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yosuke Yabumoto (Area no Kishi, Tribe Nine, Duel Masters!) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Akito Fujiwara He is in charge of the design of the monsters.
Synopsis for The Legendary Hero Is Dead!
Far to the north of the world lies the Gate of Hell, a portal once used by the Demon Lord to invade the human realm. Thanks to the legendary hero Shion Bladearts, wielder of Excalibur, and his loyal band of companions, the Gate was sealed and the demonic threat defeated. Unfortunately, the seal was incomplete and has begun to weaken, allowing the demons to attack again. Concerned for the safety of his village, selfish perverted farmer Touka Scott digs traps to fend off demons. But fear not, for Shion is on his way to re-close the Hell Gate and save humanity.
Or at least he was, because the legendary hero is dead, having fallen into one of the traps Touka dug. Luckily, dealing with the dead is necromancer Anri Haynesworth’s specialty. Although she cannot revive him, her Anri can at least save her mission by forcing Touka’s soul into Shion’s rotting body and dragging him to the Hell Gate in her place. Yuna Yunis, Touka’s childhood friend, doesn’t want to be left behind and accompanies him. Together, the three of them set off as the most unsuitable group to try and save the world.
Fountain: comic natalie