During the event GA Fes 2023 the production of an anime adaptation of the light novels written by Kotei Kobayashi and illustrated by riichu, The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon). The press release revealed the production details and voice cast for the project, and confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for this year in Japan.
Kotei Kobayashi Y riichu began publishing the light novels through the publishing label G.A. Bunko of SB Creative in January 2020, and the work won the “Award of Excellence” in the eleventh edition of the “G.A. Bunko Awards“. In addition, a manga adaptation from the hand of riichu is published in the magazine Monthly Big Gangan from the publisher Square Enix since December 2021.
- Tomori Kusunoki as Terakomari Gandesblood.
- Sayumi Suzushiro like Villhaze.
- Yoko Hikasa like Karen Helvetius.
- Tatsuma Minamikawa (Shingeki no Kyojin, Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou, Nami yo Kiitekure) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Project No.9.
- keiichirou oochi (Go-toubun no Hanayome, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Kan, Kanojo mo Kanojo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- tomoyuki shitaya (Toradora!, Shokugeki no Souma, NHK ni Youkoso!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Gou Shiina (Kimetsu no Yaiba, GOD EATER, Tales of Zestiria the Cross) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess
After three years in seclusion, the vampire Terakomari Gandesblood (Komari for short) awakens to discover that she has been appointed commander of the Imperial Mulnite Army. The problem is that her new unit is made up solely of belligerent ruffians who turn on her superiors at the slightest hint of weakness. Although Komari comes from a lineage of vampires as powerful as they are prestigious, her refusal to drink her blood has made her the very picture of mediocrity: skinny, uncoordinated, and inept at magic. With all the odds stacked against her, will the help of her faithful (and slightly enamored) maid Vill of hers be enough to help this recluse work her way to success? Or will Komari regret the day she left the safety of her room?
Font: comic natalie