Tonikaku Kawaii sets a date for its return with a new advance
On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by kenjirou hata, Tonikaku Kawaii (TONIKAWA: Fly Me to the Moon), a new promotional video for the second season of the project has been revealed. The video confirms that The premiere is scheduled for April 7. in Japan, while the platform crunchyroll is in charge of its distribution in the West.
- The video also shows a snippet of the opening theme titled “Setsuna no Chikai (feat. Tsukasa Yuzaki)” and performed by Neko Hacker.
kenjirou hata began publishing the manga through the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher shogakukan in February 2018. The work inspired a twelve-episode anime adaptation produced by the studios Seven Arcsunder the direction of hiroshi ikehata and scripts written by kazuho hyōdoreleased in October 2020.
- hiroshi ikehata (Kiratto Pri☆Chan, Seton Academy: Welcome to the Pack) is in charge of directing this second season at the studios Seven Arcs.
- kazuho hyōdo (Kiratto Pri☆Chan) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- masakatsu sasaki (Saki, We Never Learn: BOKUBEN) is in charge of character design while Goichi Iwahata He is in charge of designing promotions.
- endou (Akiba’s Trip: The Animation) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Tonikaku Kawaii Synopsis
Nasa Yuzaki is determined to leave his name in the history books. Ranking first on the mock national exam and aiming for a distinguished high school, he’s sure he has his whole life mapped out. However, fate is a fickle mistress. On his way home one snowy night, Nasa’s eyes fall on an incomparable beauty across the street. Spellbound, Nasa tries to get closer to her, only to be surprised by an oncoming truck from her.
Fortunately, his life is saved due to the girl’s quick action. Bleeding next to an ambulance, she watches as the girl walks away from her in the moonlight, reminiscent of Princess Kaguya setting off for the moon. Refusing to let this chance encounter end, she forces her crippled body to chase after her and invites her out of it. Shocked by her recklessness and sheer resolve, the girl accepts her confession on one condition: they can only be together if he marries her!
Fountain: comic natalie