Urusei Yatsura Reveals New Theme Songs With Trailer
On the official site for the new anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Urusei Yatsura (Those Obnoxious Aliens), the second promotional video of the project was published. The video shows a snippet of the opening theme “AIUE” and the ending theme “Tokyo Shandy Rendezvous”, both performed by MAISONdes.
It should be remembered that the premiere is scheduled for October 13 in Japan and that the series is confirmed with a total of 46 episodeswith the first half airing continuously from the aforementioned date.
Since its announcement it had already been reported that “will adapt selected stories from the manga and run for four quarters or a full year“. On the other hand, Takahashi published the original manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between September 1978 and February 1987, compiling the work in thirty-four volumes. The manga inspired a 195-episode anime adaptation released in October 1981, a series of films, and a series of OVAs.
The voice cast will also be different from the original adaptation produced in 1981, and is as follows:
- Sumire Uesaka as Lum, replacing Fumi Hirano.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ataru Moroboshi, replacing Toshio Furukawa.
- Maaya Uchida as Shinobu Miyake.
- Mamoru Miyano as Shuutarou Mendou.
- Wataru Takagi like Cherry.
- Miyuki Sawashiro like Sakura.
- Hideya Takahashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) Y Yasuhiro Kimura (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) will be in charge of directing the series in the studios David Production.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Hataraku Saibo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoyuki Asano (Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Masaru Yokoyama (Horimiya, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, 2019’s Fruits Basket) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Urusei Yatsura
There’s not much to write home about the lascivious Ataru Moroboshi, but his extraordinary bad luck sticks out like horns on an alien’s head. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is selected to represent humanity in a duel against one of their number. For Ataru it is a stroke of luck that the duel is actually a game of tag, and that his opponent is Lum, daughter of the leader of the Oni, who puts her personal dignity before victory, as Ataru discovers when seizing the upper part. of Lum’s bikini and, with it, of victory.
Misfortune strikes again, however, when Lum mistakes Ataru’s promise to marry his girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, for a desire to marry Lum herself, and decides that she quite likes the idea. Using her influence as an alien princess, she moves in with him. Forced to deal with the consequences of his womanizing ways, Ataru must balance his crumbling relationship with Shinobu while keeping Lum happy, all while he flirts with every woman he meets.
Font: Comic Natalie