On the official site for fuji creative corporation it was listed that the new anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Urusei Yatsura (Lum, the Invader Girl), will have a total of 46 episodes. This has come to confuse fans because the first adaptation produced by the studios Pierrot Y Studio Deen in 1981 it had a total of 195 episodes, so they are already waiting “lots of cuts“.
This series has its premiere scheduled for the season of Autumn-2022 (October-December) in Japan and since its announcement it had already been reported that “will adapt selected stories from the manga and run for four quarters or a full year“. On the other hand, Takahashi published the original manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between September 1978 and February 1987, compiling the work in thirty-four volumes. The manga inspired a 195-episode anime adaptation released in October 1981, a series of films, and a series of OVAs.
The voice cast will also be different from the original adaptation produced in 1981, and is as follows:
- Sumire Uesaka as Lum, replacing Fumi Hirano.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ataru Moroboshi, replacing Toshio Furukawa.
- Maaya Uchida as Shinobu Miyake.
- Mamoru Miyano as Shuutarou Mendou.
- Wataru Takagi like Cherry.
- Miyuki Sawashiro like Sakura.
- Hideya Takahashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) Y Yasuhiro Kimura (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) will be in charge of directing the series in the studios David Production.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Hataraku Saibo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoyuki Asano (Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis for Urusei Yatsura
Not much is noted about the lecherous Ataru Moroboshi, but his extraordinary bad luck sticks out like the horns on an alien’s head. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is selected to represent humanity in a duel against one of their number. It is a stroke of luck for Ataru that the duel is in fact a game of catch, and that his opponent is Lum, daughter of the leader of the Oni, who places her personal dignity above victory when Ataru removes her upper body. her bikini by mistake and with it, she takes the victory. However, misfortune strikes again when Lum mistakes Ataru’s promise to marry her girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, as a desire to marry Lum, and decides that she likes the idea of her. Exercising her influence as an alien princess, she moves in with him.
©RUMIKO TAKAHASHI / SHOGAKUKAN