On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Makoto Yukimura, Vinland Saga, a new promotional video for the second season of the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for January 9, 2023 in Japanand reveals the opening theme song “River” and performed by Anonymouz. In addition, it has been confirmed that the series will be distributed outside of Japan by the platforms Netflix Y Crunchyroll.
For its part, Makoto Yukimura the publication of the manga began in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in April 2005, and later moved it to the magazine Monthly Afternoon in December 2005. The play inspired a twenty-four episode anime adaptation produced by WIT Studiounder the direction of Shuhei Yabuta and scripts written by Hiroshi Seko Y Kenta Iharareleased in July 2019.
- Yuuto Uemura like Thorfinn.
- Kenshō Ono like Canute.
- Akio Ohtsuka like Thorkell.
- Youji Ueda as Leif Ericson.
- Shuhei Yabuta (Shingeki no Kyojin, No Game No Life, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri) returns to take charge of directing the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Shingeki no Kyojin, Jujutsu Kaisen, Mob Psycho 100) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiko Abiru (Hunter x Hunter (2011), Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season) returns to handle character design and animation direction.
- yutaka yamada (Tokyo Ghoul, Great Pretender, Babylon) returns to take charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Vinland Saga Synopsis
Thorfinn, son of one of the Vikings’ greatest warriors, is among the best fighters in the merry band of mercenaries led by the cunning Askeladd. However, Thorfinn is not part of the group because of the plunder involved, instead, having caused great tragedy to his family, the boy has vowed to kill Askeladd in a fair duel. Thorfinn spends his childhood with the mercenary crew, honing his skills on the battlefield among the Danes, where killing is just another life’s joy.
One day, when Askeladd receives news that the Danish Prince Canute has been taken hostage, he hatches an ambitious plan: one that will decide the next King of England and drastically alter the lives of Thorfinn, Canute, and his own. Set in 11th century Europe, Vinland Saga tells a bloody epic in an era where violence, madness and injustice are inescapable, providing a paradise for the battle-crazed hell and the rest who live in it.
Font: Comic Natalie
© ヴィンランド・サガ SEASON2製作委員会