Yofukashi no Uta anime reveals its premiere date with a new trailer
On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama, Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night), a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for next July 7 in Japan, and reveals a fragment of the opening theme performed by the band. Creepy Nuts and entitled “date“.
The press release also revealed new voice cast members, including:
- Kenshō Ono as Seki Mahiru.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino like Akihito Akiyama.
- Youko Hikasa as Kiyomisu Shirakawa.
For his part, Kotoyama, who is also the author of the Dagashi Kashibegan the publication of the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan in August 2019. The publisher published the ninth compilation volume in November 2021, followed by the tenth on February 18 in Japan.
- Gen Satou like Kou Yamori.
- sora amamiya as Nazuna Nanakusa.
- Yumiri Hanamori as Akira Asai.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Seri Kikiyou.
- EriKitamura as Nico Hirata.
- Shizuka Itu like Kabura Honda.
- Naomi Ozora as Midori Kohakobe.
- Azumi Waki as Hatsuka Suzushiro.
- Tomoyuki Itamura (Hanamonogatari, Mahou Sensei Negima!: Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba, Vanitas no Karte) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios LIDEN FILMSwith Tatsuya Miyanishi in charge of the general management.
- michiko yokote (Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale, Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Haruka Sagawa (Dounika Naru Hibi, Genji Fantasy: Neko ga Hikaru Genji ni Koi wo Shita, Itazura Majo to Nemuranai Machi) is in charge of character design.
- Creepy Nuts is responsible for the composition of the main musical theme.
Synopsis for Yofukashi no Uta
Kou Yamori looks like your typical high school student on the surface. Relatively good at studies and kind to his classmates, he tries very hard to maintain this facade. One day, however, he decides to stop pretending and drops out of school, developing insomnia as a result of not having a daytime outlet for his energy. When he goes out for a walk alone at night, he feels slightly better, although he is aware that his inability to sleep should be considered a serious problem.
On one of those walks, Kou meets a strange girl, Nazuna Nanakusa, who diagnoses him with the cause of his insomnia: despite having made changes in his life, it keeps preventing him from experiencing true freedom. She tells him that he won’t be able to sleep if he isn’t satisfied with the way he spends his waking hours. When it seems that he has resolved his current concerns, Nazuna invites him to her apartment to share her futon. After a while, unaware that he is only pretending to be unconscious, she leans over him and bites his neck.
Font: Comic Natalie