Yojouhan Time Machine Blues anime will premiere in September
On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of Yojouhan Time Machine Blues (Tatami Time Machine Blues), the sequel to Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy), it was revealed that the series will debut on September 14 in the catalog of Disney Plus in Japan (it will also be distributed globally on a date to be confirmed), according to the following schedule:
- September 14 – Episode 1.
- September 21st – Episode 2.
- September 28 – Episode 3.
- October 5th – Episode 4.
- October 12 ° – Episodes 5 and 6.
The project includes a film version that will be released on September 30 in theaters in Japan, as well as a six-episode series that will be distributed exclusively this year through the Disney Plus platform, also in Japan. The episodic version of Yojouhan Time Machine Blueswhich is based on the novel written by Tomihiko Y makoto ueda and illustrated by Yusuke Nakamurawill also feature an exclusive story not included in the theatrical version.
the first novel, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy), inspired its own eleven-episode anime adaptation produced by studios mad houseunder the direction of Masaaki Yuasa and scripts written by makoto uedareleased in April 2010. Finally, this new novel was published on July 29, 2020 in Japan and is inspired by the play by makoto ueda, Summer Time Machine Blues. Morimi wrote the novel and Ueda, a close friend of the author, is credited with the original concept.
- Shingo Natsume (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka, Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019), One Punch Man, Sonny Boy), who worked with Masaaki Yuasa in the first production, he is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Science SARU.
- makoto ueda (Penguin Highway, Rilakkuma to Yuuenchi, Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yusuke Nakamura (Atarashii Sekai, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome) is in charge of character design.
Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Synopsis
Yojouhan Time Machine Blues takes place during a sweltering summer day when the protagonist’s “terrible friend” Ozu accidentally drowns the only remote control for his apartment’s air conditioner. As they discuss their situation with Akashi, the protagonist’s raven-haired love interest and a careless student who travels back in time from 25 years in the future, causing the protagonist to borrow her time machine in an effort to wrest control. away from the past before it breaks.
Font: Official Twitter Account
©2021 KADOKAWA All Rights Reserved.