On the official site for the anime adaptation of manga written and illustrated by Afro, Yuru Camp (Laid Back Camp), a new promotional video was released for the next film in the franchise. The press release keeps the release date scheduled for July 1 in Japan, and describes the story as follows:
- Time has passed since the television animation of “Yuru Camp”, and the film in the franchise features Nadeshiko now as an adult. The story unfolds when Rin, who works at a small publishing company in Nagoya, receives a message from Chiaki. Chiaki says that she is in charge of planning the renovation of the Yamanashi Tourism Promotion Organization, a facility that was closed several years ago.
- Hearing Rin’s comment, “If it’s such a big place, why not use it as a campsite?” Nadeshiko, who works at an outdoor goods store in Tokyo, Aoi, a teacher at the local Yamanashi elementary school , and Ena, who works at a hair salon in Yokohama, get together to start a campsite development project.
Afro mentioned that the staff consulted the manga’s creator in almost every step of the production, from the first draft of the script and designs. The creator noted that the characters are a bit older, as well as the personal anticipation of seeing what even Afro hasn’t seen yet. Director Yoshiaki Kyougoku thanked fans for their support, which has made this film possible, and hinted at the possibility of once again scouting locations and eating delicious camping food while making the anime.
The second season of Yuru Camp premiered in the Winter-2021 season (January-March) in Japan and had a total of thirteen episodes, with Crunchyroll in charge of its distribution in the West. On the other hand, Afro started publishing the manga in the magazine Manga Time Kirara Forward from the publisher Houbunsha in July 2015. The film is scheduled to premiere on July 1 in theaters in Japan.
- Yoshiaki Kyougoku (Kuroko no Basket, Robotics;Notes) is in charge of directing the feature film at the studios C-Station.
- Jin Tanaka (Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine, Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai) Y Mutsumi Itou (Bakugan Battle Planet, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal) are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Mutsumi Sasaki (Chaos;HEAd, Dragonar Academy, Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~) is in charge of character design.
Synopsis for Yuru Camp
While the perfect getaway for most girls her age might be an extravagant vacation with loved ones, Rin Shima’s ideal way is camping alone at the base of Mount Fuji. From pitching her tent to gathering firewood, she has always done everything herself and has no plans to leave her lonely little world. However, what starts out as one of Rin’s usual camping sessions somehow ends up as a surprise reunion for two when the lost Nadeshiko Kagamihara is forced to take refuge in her camp.
Originally intending to see the picturesque view of Mount Fuji for herself, Nadeshiko’s plans are interrupted when she ends up falling asleep in the middle of her destination. Alone and with no other option, she seeks the help of the only person close to her. Despite their hasty introductions, the two girls enjoy the cold night together, eating ramen and chatting while the campfire keeps them warm. And even after Nadeshiko’s sister finally picked her up later that night, both girls quietly pondered the possibility of taking another camping trip together.
Font: Comic Natalie